Freeplane (2021 Latest) Download for PC Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista – Freeplane is a free and open-source software program application that supports thinking, sharing details and getting points done at work, in school, and in your home. The software application can be utilized for mind mapping and also assessing the info had in mind maps. Freeplane operates on any kind of operating system that has an existing version of Java set up. It can be run in your area or portably from detachable storage like a USB drive.
Freeplane supports the above application areas with the following functions:
- Note taking with freely positionable, unconnected nodes (like post-it’s);
- Ordering ideas (nodes) into a hierarchy connected by lines (edges);
Classifying nodes with metadata (attributes) and style types (system styles, user defined styles, level styles);
- Grouping nodes with visual containers (clouds) and accolade (summary node);
- Connecting nodes with dynamic links, free lines (connectors) and labels;
- Automatically styling nodes (with a bubble, color, edge type, etc.) according to
- hierarchical level and content (conditional styles, automatic edge color, level styles);
- and Others
Freeplane for Windows aims for maximum ease and speed of use. Occupying the middle ground between an editor and a diagramming tool, Freeplane allows the user to add content as quickly and naturally as they would in a text editor, yet producing structured content that can be manipulated as easily as a diagram.
The workflow is unimpeded by the need to think about and manually place each piece of information; the user can intuitively input content as paragraphs and headings, and easily reorganise at a later stage. The width and other aspect of each topic (node) can be set independently and a node can be defined to behave indepently from the nodes in the tree structure, to be free positionable.