Prime95 for Windows is a small, easy-to-use free software that lets you find Mersenne Prime numbers designed for overclockers. This software explains what you need to participate in GIMPS and how it operates on your computer.
How to Get Started on GIMPS
- Step 1, Create a new user account (Optional / Recommended)
Your account login is a “box” that stores your preferences, your computer info and work assignments, and your productivity statistics. The number of computers you can have in your account is no limit.
Registration is voluntary but recommended. An account is needed to check your account details, computer status, and performance statistics and to assign the computer to your user ID. An account is also required if you joined GIMPS before November 2008 so you can link your old PrimeNet V4.0 account and transfer your CPU working credits.
- Step 2, Prime95 Download for windows or similar software onto your computer(s)
The How it Works page answers many of the questions you probably have before downloading the software. The software has been improved over the years, since 1996, to run successfully on hundreds of thousands of home, office, school, and business computers.
Software programs use only the remaining processor cycles not used by other programs and have been designed to take advantage of the power of the latest processor features. Make sure to get permission from the computer owner if it’s not yours.
- Step 3, Start the program, optionally entering your user account information if you have created one
The program will store your account information when you enter your user and password and start working right away! You can view each computer added to your account using the Your Computer CPU Details page, as well as the most recent reported status, current tasks, and results list.
Once your computer is added to your account and running work tasks, you can:
- Modify your account settings
- Set an optional public name used for statistics and achievement reports
- Optionally, join a team to collect your stats and workload
- Review your account status, performance and rating
- Link your personal website to your statistics entries
Manage your computer remotely from where you can:
- Change computer name for tracking
- Set computer specific work task preferences
- Review detailed operation statistics and facts
- Review your completed tasks, stats and facts
- Be a team leader: Create and manage a team!
- And much more!
GIMPS needs a modern windows that is on most of the time. The program will use about 32MB of memory and about 50MB of disk space. Download Prime95 free download the latest version.|
Other Link Prime95
Prime95 32-bit /Size:8.45 MB